Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ryan's Baby Blessing


So Sunday was Ryan's baby blessing and we had quite the turnout. Unfortunately we forgot our camera but Tanya and Jerry had one and took some pictures of the rather massive group. I think there was about 34 people in all who came to support us. Our Bishop was rather excited since it was daylight savings and everyone forgot to set their clocks forward, so no one was in church. We filled up about a third of the seats. I cried the whole way through the prayer like a little girl (no offense to little girls), so I am sure that nobody understood a word of what I said. My hands were like icicles so I stuck them in Nicole's armpits until it was time to give the blessing. Thank's to all that were able to come, and sorry to all who missed such an enjoyable miniature family reunion. This is basically the only picture we have of Ryan in her little blessing dress, what a cutie!

8 comments:

polka dots said...

I wish I could have been there. Will did you do the arm pit thing during sacrament meeting? That would have been interesting to see.

Amanda said...

You guys look great. I'm so sad we missed it, but we were thinking about you guys and feeling mondo left out! I'm glad it was such a great time for everyone. And of course Ryan looks beautiful.

molly said...

she is adorable. Wish we could have been there!

Ashley said...

haha nice, now i just have a visual of will sticking his hands in nicole's armpits!! Glad we were able to come, she is a gorgeous little baby! And you weren't TOO much of a little girl!

Toni said...

sooooooooo sad we missed out! we love reunions, mini reunions, anything involving cousins and fun! It looks like you have a little cutie on you hands! Can't wait until I can get my hands on her! An will, don't feel bad, I'm sure dave won't mind me telling the world this, but i think he's BLUBBERED thru every baby blessing of ours. It's the first sign a fantastic dad!! (no offense to the non criers out there! you're great too!!)

Stephanie said...

You did a great job. Who remembers the best phrase of the whole blessing? "An infectious enthusiasm for righteousness." What an awesome blessing. What a sweet girl. You are both so blessed.

The Aussie Elmers said...

Hey Nicole. Did you get my email about the March madness bracket thing? I know how much you love your blue devils so i expect an entry. Let me know if you didn't get it. "Luvenu7@yahoo.com" Your kiddo is cute. Sorry i couldn't make it up to see her. Teana and I will come up in the fall. Love ya guys! Get will to do one too.

Karen said...

We really do have the best family. I'm already looking forward to the next family reunion. Ryan is so cute.