Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My new best friend


So Ryan decided that 4:30 AM was a perfectly reasonable time to be awake for a couple hours this morning. I tried everything to get her to fall back asleep, but she wasn't having it. I gave up and we went downstairs around 5:30. Needless to say I was exhausted and could barley keep my eyes open. I decided to put her in her swing, that way I new she was safe, well i new she was safe after I put the cat up in his room with the door shut. He just can't contain his need to pounce when Ryan is in her swing. With the worry of the cat taken care of I laid down on the couch and to my surprise woke up at 8AM, i hurried to the swing to check on Ryan and she was sound asleep. So that is how Ryan's swing became my new best friend.

4 comments:

Ripley Family said...

Cole!!!

I was just thinking about you the other day and that it was about time you had your baby! She is beautiful!!!! I'm jealous that your babies come out with hair!!! It looks like you guys have the parenting thing down already. DOn't you just LOVE the 3 am wake up times??? Brielle is almost 6 months and she'll still do that every now and then! I hope labor and delivery went ok for you. You look FANTASTIC in all your pics. Keep me posted. We have a blog too...although it has not been updated in ever due to Zach needing the comp for all his homework...anyways it's Ripleyfamily2003.blogspot.com. Miss you lots and if you and Will ever want to vacation down here just let us know!

Love- Alyssa

Brit said...

Oh man, I remember those nights! We lived in a small 1 bedroom apartment and I used to squish the swing in our room and have Ethan sleep in it. The sound of the swing would lull both of us to sleep. I eventually got so tired one night that I let him sleep in our bed with us since I could lay down and breastfeed at the same time and be in and out of consciousness. FYI, don't ever do that if you ever want her to sleep in a crib! We had a terrible time getting him out of our bed after that. He was in a crib by 3 months, but it was so hard! Good luck and realize you will eventually get sleep...just not right now.

Casey said...

Sorry you're so tired, but if it makes you feel any better, Bennett is 3 months old and still wakes up every two hours to nurse. I'm hopeing onece I get him on cereal it'll improve.
Amanda

leigh said...

ear plugs. they'll be your new best friend soon.