Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Whoops! I Pooped Your Pants!

So Ryan has been playing a very mean trick on her daddy lately. Every time I get handed the little bugger for a burping and changing she does something that I am sure most parents have had happen to them, but seem to neglect to tell new parents. What I am talking about I am sure you can guess from the title. I have been trying all sorts of techniques to get her to clean out her system before the changing of the guard, but everything I try seems pointless. As soon as her diaper is opened she manages to wiggle just right and shoot poop right on my pants. I really think she does this on purpose because I keep her fairly well covered, but she is such a wiggly one she manages to get her little bum above the guard and start firing. Sometimes she tricks me with a couple of toots to fake me into believing the coast is clear, but then she catches me off guard and it's a done deal. I apologize to the possible graphic nature of my little shpeel, but I wish someone had explained to me that this would happen. So please, let me know what are the tricks you guys use to avoid these little B-52 bombers? I only have 3 pairs of pants so I could really use some advice as to how to make them stay clean for longer than 2 minutes.

5 comments:

leigh said...

I can't tell you how to avoid them (unless you just start changing her diaper in the tub) but I can tell you that it won't last too much longer. Use Shout or something like it to get those stains out, otherwise your pants will stay yellowy-brown forever.

ps - the ONLY time this happened to me was when Jack was about 2 months old. We were in Dan's new boss's car and he pooped all over the seat (not leather). It was great fun.

Brit said...

at least you don't have a boy that pees on you too! They actually make things called pee pee tee pees for boys for that problem, but anyway for the poop problem...I used to push Ethan's legs up to his belly. That helps with gas pains and it will probably help get the poops out too before you change her. The other thing you have to look forward to is when she poop ups the back of her onesies. That happens no matter what you do. Just have a big bottle of "Totally Toddler" next to the washing machine. It really works well!

Casey said...

Will, a little brotherly advice, learn to love it. You'll get pooped on in the backs of cars, at the grocery stores where it trickles onto your groceries, at the least convenient times you'll find yourself without baby wipes. Just laugh and shout, "I'm getting Pooped on and I Love it!"

As for the stains, Leigh and Brit both have good ideas and I'd just like to add to it. Incredibly enough, washing the poopy clothes in really cold water works miracles. No soap or anything, it just works, try it sometime.

Also, along with Brit, don't be surprised when you start seeing yellow up their backs all the way to their necks.

leigh said...

hey, you've been tagged. Go to my blog and follow the instructions.

Weihua and Mike said...

Well, Willie, I can tell you neither Nicole or her sister ever did anything like that to me.

Maybe you're showing fear or maybe Ryan is just more fun loving at this age than her mother or aunt were.

Your guess is as good as mine.